821 Piedmont Avenue NE
Atlanta, GA 30308
The historic Nicolson House is available after extensive renovation and customization,creating a beautiful family home with multiple home office options. The property is on the National Registry of Historic Places & is an Atlanta Landmark. Built in 1892 by famed architect Walter Downing in the Colonial Revival Style, it's considered one of his finest residential projects surviving nearly 130 years in thanks to having only been owned by 3 families. Recent upgrades include new HVAC, foam insulation & encapsulation of attic & basement,tankless water heater, custom garagedoors, security system with cameras, custom closets, Farrow & Ball painting scheme, & new lighting throughout.The lower level of the stately mahogany-clad home includes a large front porch,multiple parlors with functioning original pocket doors, library, bedroom/den & 1.5 baths. The expansive kitchen with Viking appliances (2 dishwashers, 2 ovens, 6 burner gas range, warming oven), wet bar with ice maker & wine refrigerator flows to the serene back porch overlooking the rear formal gardens. The grand staircase contains numerous original plaster moldings and stained-glass panels believed to be by Tiffany. The upper level contains 4 large ensuite bedrooms with French doors to the upper porch. Period details include sunburst and curved glass windows, 12 ft ceilings, extensive moldings, and 8 fireplaces. The rear gardens lead to the renovated 1/1 Carriage House with documented rental income & the renovated 4 car garage below. The property is fully fenced for privacy & safety. Mature landscaping throughout with automated sprinkler system. Just a few blocks from Piedmont Park, the Piedmont Ave Complete Streets Project will soon reduce traffic lanes & add bike lane in front of the home.
- MLS #6803628
- Half Baths1
- Bedroom DescriptionIn-Law Suite/Apartment, Master on Main
- RoomsDen, Family Room, Library, Living Room
- BasementExterior Entry, Partial, Unfinished
- FeaturesBookcases, Cathedral Ceiling(s), Entrance Foyer, Entrance Foyer 2 Story, High Ceilings 10 ft Main, High Ceilings 10 ft Upper, High Speed Internet, His and Hers Closets, Smart Home, Walk-In Closet(s), Wet Bar
- KitchenBreakfast Bar, Cabinets White, Kitchen Island, Pantry, Stone Counters
- AppliancesDishwasher, Disposal, Double Oven, Dryer, Gas Oven/Range/Countertop, Gas Range, Microwave, Refrigerator, Self Cleaning Oven, Tankless Water Heater, Washer
- HVACCentral Air, Zoned
- Fireplace DescriptionFamily Room
- Built In1892
- ParkingDetached, Garage, Garage Door Opener, Garage Faces Side, On Street
- FeaturesBalcony, Courtyard, Garden, Private Yard, Rear Stairs
- ServicesNear Beltline, Near Marta, Near Schools, Near Shopping, Park, Public Transportation, Restaurant, Sidewalks, Street Lights
- UtilitiesCable Available, Electricity Available, Natural Gas Available, Sewer Available, Water Available
- SewerPublic Sewer
- Lot DescriptionBack Yard, Corner Lot, Front Yard, Landscaped, Level, Private
- Lot Dimensions60x195
Listing Provided Courtesy Of: Ansley Atlanta Real Estate
Listings identified with the FMLS IDX logo come from FMLS and are held by brokerage firms other than the owner of this website. The listing brokerage is identified in any listing details. Information is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed. If you believe any FMLS listing contains material that infringes your copyrighted work please click here to review our DMCA policy and learn how to submit a takedown request. © 2021 First Multiple Listing Service, Inc.
This property information delivered from various sources that may include, but not be limited to, county records and the multiple listing service. Although the information is believed to be reliable, it is not warranted and you should not rely upon it without independent verification. Property information is subject to errors, omissions, changes, including price, or withdrawal without notice.
For issues regarding this website, please contact Eyesore at 678.692.8512.
Data Last updated on April 11, 2021 4:30pm